Journey for Life


As an adventurer & pro-driver like myself, it is my dream to drive elegant, and luxurious cars specifically SUV even just a short period of time.

It’s been a superb kinda feelin’ akin to a baby being cuddles by parent. And it’s more exhilarating if I can drive, as fast as I could recklessly on highways, knowing that even if speed limit is rigorously imposed, I’ll still ignore mobile patrols, which could not even catch me--because of the built-in gigantic motor engine in the vehicle.

There are various types of expensive vehicles that could be found here in Middle East region: Ranging from sport’s car, classic car, SUV & etc., down to the lowest level-- name it and you’ll see it... as they say. Amongst these vehicles, I am dreaming to drive is Hummer 2 or popularly known as “H2”.

Hummer is a brand of sport utility vehicles (SUV) sold by General Motors, also known as GM. They are based on the military High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, or Humvee. It was Arnold “The Terminator” Schwarzenegger who originally convinced then-manufacturer AM General to make a version of the hulking vehicles for the civilian market, and in 1992 he was the first person to buy one.

Anyway, last 26 June 2007 (Tuesday night), I received a mobile-phone call from my cousin, inviting me to go and travel with them in what I could describe as “Journey for Life,” to a place with a distance of 794.88 Kilometers / 493.93 Miles. The next day afternoon, we went on galloping an Isuzu Trooper SUV 2003 model. It took us nine hours of travel in an average speed of 120/kmph; we left Riyadh at dusk time and arrived dawn in Makkah---our final destination.

During the travel, I simply imagined myself steering my dream car “H2,” as I was in fact the one driving the entire trip. Besides, I just want to skip boredom, and tiresome long lonely night trip. I didn’t mind to listen to any music coz... it may simply arouse my companions, who were deeply sleeping, and that’s how I preferred it to be that way.

“Ahh!” I sighed; this is my first time to drive such long distance travel.

It was a bright night, as I could see things visibly ten meters away in either sides of the road. The moon was shining brightly in its third quarter shape. Suddenly! I became aware of the paradoxical aspects of life, which coerce the entire humanity craving greedily into wealth, power, and ambitions. Our lives seem to be eternal as we selfishly desire for worthless chattels.

It’s indeed a significant factor having lots of useful property for our own conveniences and benefits, but yet let us not forgets that life is too short to strive with each and every inevitable need in life. I am implying that while we spend life in well-off conditions, then we should indulge personal desires and whims responsibly.

Sooner or later, whether we like it or not, we will be meeting the Almighty Creator, who neither deceives nor cheats but, will hold us liable for our good and evil deeds, at the time of resurrection, which lots of people will repent the very day that he or she was born.

After longer hours of travel, at last we reached Qarnu’l Manāzil, a small town in Taif, where people perform initial rites of Umrah, before coming to Makkah (Mecca) to complete the rituals.

Umrah is a pilgrimage to Makkah that can be undertaken at any time of the year. It is sometimes called the “minor pilgrimage” or “lesser pilgrimage”, Umrah is not compulsory but highly recommended. The pilgrim sometimes referred to as a “Hajj”. It is a series of religious ritual acts symbolic to the lives of the prophet Abraham and his wife Hagar, and of solidarity with Muslims worldwide.

Upon reaching Taif, I reflected on myself as a Muslim. As if I was awaken from nightmare. I told myself to stop dreaming and face my real world. Besides, we were on a religious trip and not in adventures.

The moment we’re done, then we left afterward going to Makkah... and the rest of what we have carried-out was history...


If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you subscribe to my regular Email Updates. Subscribe Now!


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Leave your comment.

 

Popular Posts

Recent Comments

Buy and Sell Philippines : Sulit.com.ph

© 2007-2013. All Rights Reserved | MyMuMa Natlus | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top